Posts tagged ayurvedic herbs sleep
Herbs to Cure Insomnia
Herbal Remedies to Help you Sleep
Although insomnia is a very common sleep disorder and can be quite disruptive to one's health and overall life, thankfully there are some excellent natural treatments to cure this problem for you. These treatments include some very effective herbal cures, from holistic healing sciences such as Ayurveda, to simple yoga and breathing exercises which have been proven to help cure insomnia in a majority of cases. In this article we will give you a wide range of remedies and tips to deal with this intrusive condition and get you back to getting a good nights sleep.
This comprehensive guide to curing insomnia is broken up into 3 sections below. In the first section we will provide you with some excellent yoga exercises which will go a long way to treating your insomnia, following that we will share with your some tips to getting good sleep and finally, we will provide you with some very effective and safe natural herbal remedies for curing insomnia as well. The herbal treatments we recommend are the very best available on the market today and have been vigorously tested over thousands of years to prove their effectiveness.
Yoga Breathing to Treat Insomnia
The most effective treatment for insomnia is a combination of yoga, meditation and life-style changes, combined with a natural herbal cure. If you embrace such a regiment there is not reason for you not to overcome insomnia and start enjoying sound, restful sleep. The best part about such a program is that there are no bad side affects and that the benefits will extend far beyond just curing your sleep disorders. So to begin this program start with the following breathing exercise.
This breathing exercise is called Ujjayi Yoga Breathing Exercise and in addition to helping cure insomnia naturally it is also excellent for relaxing the mind, promoting joy, inducing peace and lowering your blood pressure. Do it while in bed and it should help you drift off into a comfortable sleep. If you wake often in the middle of the night, instead of letting the mind run all over the place, begin this breath again and allow it to put you back to sleep. Here is how to practice this technique.
- Get into the position that help you fall asleep best and then take three long, deep, slow breaths to help relax you.
- Close your eyes and relax everything. Drop your worries and anxieties and prepare to fall asleep.
- Now you will start Ujjayi which is little tricky to describe. You can going to constrict the throat muscles slightly and visualize as if you are breathing through a hole in your throat. This slight constriction and visualization should lead to the air making a soft oceanic sound as it passes through your throat region. The sound should be that of the distant ocean surf. Steady and soft as you inhale and also, steady and soft as you exhale. Pretend as if you are breathing not through your nose, but your throat instead.
- Continue to breathe in this way and allow you entire mind and body to be consumed by this pleasant sound. Find a nice slow rhythm and lose yourself to it.
- Continue till you fall asleep .
One final thought will regard to yoga to treat insomnia is that the physical yoga practice (Hatha Yoga) for 1 hour a day has been shown to significantly help those suffering from insomnia as well, so do include it into your life style if you are serious about curing this disorder.
Tips for Curing Insomnia
As mentioned above, along with herbal remedies and yoga certain life style adjustments can do a long way in helping you sleep well and get rid of your insomnia and below is a list of these tips for you.
- Create a schedule where you sleep and wake up at the same time everyday.
- Don't drink alcohol or caffeine within 5 hours of going to bed.
- Drink a warm glass of milk and relax before going to bed.
- Don't lie awake in bed if you wake up at night, after a few minutes of trying to go back to sleep do something relaxing until you feel sleepy again.
- Get at least 20 minutes of exercise daily, if possible try to do 1 hour of yoga daily.
- Keep your bedroom very dark and use your bed only for sleep and sex.
Herbal Remedies to Treat Insomnia
To really help cure insomnia and regain your sleep cycle once and for all, there is nothing better than getting the aid of some natural herbs and compounds. These herbal remedies have been in use for almost 5,000 years and over this time the formula has been honed and perfected. One of the best such herbal products is Mystic Sleep and below are the highlights of how this product can help treat your insomnia.
Highlights of Herbal Treatment for Insomnia (Mystic Sleep)
Reduce Your Cortisol Levels.
Regulate Growth Hormone Surges.
Relieve Mental Fatigue & Anxiety.
Support Optimal Brain Function.
Induce Deep and Restful Sleep.
Increase Production of Melatonin.
Mystic Sleep Herbal Remedy